Canna musafolia grande is a splendid giant canna that can reach over 2,5 m in 1 year. The flowers are discreet compared to the usual cannas and the plant is grown mostly for its spectacular growth.
The foliage looks a lot like musa or banana, hence the name musaefolia. Leaves are a beautiful green colour bordered by a purple edging.
Even better: this canna is hardy and can stay outside in the garden during winter. Leaves will die from frost of course but the plant will grow back next spring and sprout abundantly.
This is a hybrid imported from Venezuela.
USDA Zone 8, -15 °C
- division of the rhizome.
- seeds are not true to type and will not produce the same characteristics as the mother plant.
- water and feed abundantly during growing season
- doesn’t need winter protection
- you can take a part of the rhizome to be kept frost free inside during the winter, just to be on the safe side
- Canna musafolia grande: Henryr10