Canna ‘R. Wallace’ is a cultivar of the Crozy group with yellow flowers speckled with pink and green foliage edged with a white line.
Its rhizome is quite thick (3 cm), coloured white and pink.
This cultivar was developed by the firm Wilhelm Pfitzer Fellbach (Germany) in 1907.
Canna ‘Canary Bird’, Canna ‘R. Wallis’, Canna ‘Richard Wallace’
NB: often confused with Canna ‘Austria’
USDA Zone 7, -15 °C
Fertile, moist, well drained
Division of rhizomes
- water thoroughly during summer
- does not resist drought
- fertilize monthly during the growing period
- division of rhizomes: in March
- remove spent flowers to encourage continued flowering
- can be grown at the edge of a pond, in pots or in the ground
- Canna ‘R. Wallace’: Giantsshoulders